- Download the payroll file
located on my website. Save then open the worksheet on
- Create one formula as described below for each column, Then copy the formula for this weeks payroll into cells
- Total hours: sum of hrs
worked each day including weekends.
- Overtime hours: IF the total hrs worked is over 40 hrs. show the excess number of hours if no overtime show a Zero
- Pay rates: given
- Regular pay: is the pay rate * the number of hours
worked. Up to a Maximum of 40 hours
- Overtime pay: is the number
of overtime hours worked * time and one half * the regular pay rate
- Gross pay : the sum of
regular pay and the overtime pay
- Previous gross pay: given
- Year to date gross pay : year to date gross pay is the sum of previous
gross plus gross pay.
- Fed tax: is this weeks gross
pay times 20%
- Union dues: you will always pay 1% of the current weeks gross pay.
Plus, after the first $30,000 in annual you will pay an
additional $10.00 dollars per week.
- Fica taxes: 10%
of this weeks gross pay on just the first $32,000 earned. After you
pay taxes on $32,000, there is no more taxes
taken out of your pay.
- Total deductions : is the sum
- Net pay: is the balance of
net pay after deductions
- Check number should start
with 101 use labels or text to auto create check numbers